The California Society Executive Officers have met and finalized our goals for 2021. I am pleased to share them with you and ask for your assistance in helping to accomplish them. Work on these goals is already underway and I look forward to reporting our progress in the months ahead and to their ultimate completion.
CASSAR Goals for 2021
1. Have Fun
- Laugh with and support each other and our Chapters
- Remember this is a volunteer organization
2. Chapter Visits
- Personal contact and two-way communications
- Current information for Chapter Officers and meeting dates/locations
3. Position Training
- Chapter and State Officers
4. Automate Meeting Minute Notes
- Voice to print software exploration and purchase request
5. Find Chapter Activities Chair
- Draft Quality/Excellent Chapter award development
- Timely, targeted, and of interest
- Reporting methods and processes
2. Support current programs
- State and Chapter Program Chairs
3. State Secretary workload
- Explore Assistant Secretary position appointment
4. Tax Preparation Assistance
- Vendor Selection, budget, and approval
5. Storage Unit Evaluation
- Long term needs assessment
6. America’s 250 Anniversary
- Advanced planning and preparation
- Public awareness
- New member opportunities
Libertas et patria,
SAR 131st Annual Congress
Plans for an in-person National Congress July 10-15, 2021 in Renton, WA are in the works. I would ask that you consider attending and represent California as a voting delegate. One of the highlights attending a National Congress is seeing the National Level Youth Award Contest winners and watching the Orations Contest finals. It is always inspiring to see such bright and capable young people who share our values.
Please contact Fred Schuster our State Secretary Schuster6789@aol.com to register as one of our 32 voting delegates. You will have the opportunity to vote for the new National Officers, including our California Compatriot John Dodd who is running for Treasurer General. You can also attend the installation ceremony of our two newest California Minutemen; Lou Carlson – Class of 2020 and Kent Gregory – Class of 2021. The Minuteman installation ceremony is quite impressive.
More Congress information is available at: https://www.sar.org/congress/renton-washington-2021/.