Many of our Chapters have websites or officers with e-mail. You can inquire directly to the chapter of your choice, or you can request directly from CASSAR using the links below. We can team you up with a compatriot to help you on your quest for membership.
You can find more information in the following brochures:
- Do you have a Revolutionary Patriot in your family?
- Help Preserve A Precious Heritage
- Preparation of Application Requirements
- Application Worksheet
SAR Member Eligibility
Any man may join who meets the following requirements:
- 18 years or older.
- A citizen of good repute in the community.
- A lineal descendant of an ancestor who was at all times unfailing in loyalty to, and rendered active service in the cause of, American Independence either as an office, soldier, seaman, marine, militiaman or minuteman, in the armed forces of the Continental Congress, of any one of the several Colonies or States, as a signer of the Declaration of Independence, as a member of a Committee of Safety or Correspondence, as a member of any Continental, Provincial, or Colonial Congress or Legislature or as a recognized patriot who performed actual service by overt acts of resistance to the authority of Great Britain.
- Do not advocate the overthrow of the Government of the United States by use of force or violence.