The Chairman for the Oration Contest is Mark Torres.
The Joseph S. Rumbaugh Historical Oration Contest is a national competition sponsored since 1947 by the National Society, Sons of the American Revolution. The contest is designed to explore the influence of the Revolutionary War on present day America. The Contest’s purposes are:
- To support historical research in high schools by promoting oratorical presentations related to our Revolutionary War period 1750-1800.
- To emphasize American History to the high school student and focus on an intelligent relationship between the past and the present.
- To place a positive emphasis on the plans of our founding fathers.
- To facilitate enhancement of public speaking skills in young people who are future leaders of our Nation.
- California Oration Contest Entry Procedures
- Contest Judging Sheet
- Oration Contest Information and Entry Packet