The Chairman for the California Society Valley Forge Teacher Scholarship Award Program is Robert “Bob” Taylor.
This award is open to all 5th Grade Elementary School Teachers, 8th Grade and High School American History Teachers, either public, private or parochial who teach the American Revolution. The selected teachers (up to two each year) will receive a trip to the Summer Graduate Teacher Workshop related to the American Revolution presented by the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. (The chosen workshop will be the one most closely related to the American Revolution.) The Award, valued up to $1,700 includes tuition, room and board*, and transportation expenses (transportation limited to $500.00). (*meals are provided when on-campus only; meals for off-campus visits to workshop sites are not included.)
Below is the description of the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge Graduate Teacher program for 2019:
This workshop features field studies and tours of:
- Independence Hall & The Liberty Bell
- The Museum of the American Revolution
- The papers of the American Philosophical Society
- Historic Waynesboro & Fort Loudon
- Flight 93 Crash Site, Shanksville
- Fort Necessity & Gen Braddock’s Grave
- Jumonville Glen Battle
- Fort Leggier & History of Local Native Americans
- Braddock’s Battlefield Museum
- Fort Pitt & Fort Duquesne
If interested, prepare the California SAR Application for Valley Forge Teacher Scholarship and submit it to a nearby California SAR Chapter.
Members may check the Members Section for additional Chapter Resources.