The Chairman for the California Society Valley Forge Teacher Scholarship Award Program is Robert “Bob” Taylor.
This award is open to all 5th Grade Elementary School Teachers, 8th Grade and High School American History Teachers, either public, private or parochial who teach the American Revolution. The selected teachers (up to two each year) will receive a trip to the Summer Graduate Teacher Workshop related to the American Revolution presented by the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. (The chosen workshop will be the one most closely related to the American Revolution.) The Award, valued up to $1,700 includes tuition, room and board*, and transportation expenses (transportation limited to $500.00). (*meals are provided when on-campus only; meals for off-campus visits to workshop sites are not included.)
Below is the description of the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge Graduate Teacher program for 2018:
This workshop features field studies and tours of:
- South Meeting House & Old North Church
- Bunker Hill Memorial & Museum
- Old State House & Freedom Trail
- USS Constitution
- Faneuil Hall & Paul Revere House
- Lexington & Concord
- Minuteman National Historic Park
- Oriskany Battlefield & Herkimer House
- Fort Stanwix & Johnson Hall
- Old Fort Johnson & Bennington Battlefield
- Saratoga National Park & Fort Ticonderoga
If interested, prepare the California SAR Application for Valley Forge Teacher Scholarship and submit it to a nearby California SAR Chapter.
Members may check the Members Section for additional Chapter Resources.